Sunday, February 15, 2004

Chocolate at Late Night

Have you ever visited by someone in the middle of the night just to give you some chocolates? I have... a bucket full of it!

Before that, my cell phone rings
Girl: Pip, are you awake?
Me: I picked this up... is that answers your question?
Girl: Uhm, so you're not sleeping?
Me: Hmmm, lemme check by biting my tongue... AUCH!... nope!
Girl: Do you like chocolates?
Me: You just gonna ask that in 1 o'clock in the evening?
Girl: Err, could you just go out with me now?
Me: Whoa... time out!... are you just asking me out... NOW?
Girl: Just go outside your house and we'll talk about it...
*CLICK*

So I walk outside my house... and there she was, on my front porch, beautiful as she can be.... well, if you compare it to me who just woke up only wearing t-shirt and boxer pants.... She then gave me a bucket full of chocolates! We then spent the night eating those chocolates... forgeting that I still have some chocolates myself on the refrigerators...

That was three years ago on Valentine's day.

Last night, it happened again. But this time, I got TWO buckets from two different girls. Plus, I still have some chocolates back home. And right now I'm still struggling to deplenish those buckets... wanna help me?

Still waiting for the video camera though... I wish my significant other would send me something... and if I may asked, no more chocolate!

Did you know?
Chocolate contains more than 300 known chemicals. Among those are caffeine and theobromine which may provide the "lift" that chocolate eaters experience. Phenylethylamine is also found in chocolate. It's related to amphetamines, which are strong stimulants. All of these stimulants increase the activity of neurotransmitters (brain chemicals) in parts of the brain that control our ability to pay attention and stay alert.


Chocolate also contains pharmacologically active substances that have the same effect on the brain as marijuana, and that these chemicals may be responsible for certain drug-induced psychoses associated with chocolate craving. It's called anandamide. Interestingly, anandamide is also produced naturally in the brain. But it doesn't mean that eating chocolate will get you high.

________
UPDATE

I also received those SMS greetings... (26 SMS in total)
#7 is the most memorable one. It's from my lovely mom
#12 is the most ridiculous one. It's from Isman

I got another box of chocolate yesterday. It was sealed nicely with one of those funny looking tapes. This tape smells like a candy. CAUTION: Do not attempt to lick it unless you want to feel the "yucks" like I did.

No comments: